- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (1 cup)
- Ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450.
If you use oven safe skillet, you won’t have to transfer to a baking dish.
In skillet, brown lamb. Remove and drain lamb; in rendered fat, sauté onion with cinnamon and nutmeg until soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, garlic, and oregano, cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, ½ cup half and half, and macaroni. Cook until macaroni is just tender. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining ½ cup half and half, add to skillet mixture to thicken. Remove from heat, mix in ½ cup Parmesan, season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with remaining ½ cup Parmesan, bake about 5 minutes to melt cheese.