Saturday, August 2, 2008

It followed me home, Mom, can I keep it?

On returning from Africa, they asked at Customs if I had brought back any animals. I answered "no," believing that answer to be correct.

However, about a week before my return to the U.S., I punctured and scratched the skin on my right ankle in some of central Namibia's many thorn bushes. On the plane ride home, that area began to itch intensely. When I got home, this is what I saw:



Anyone who wants to use the comments section to identify what you are seeing in the photo may go right ahead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is the mark of Satan! You really shouldn't leave the country.

Pat Fitzgerald said...

Funny, I never smelled any sulfur.

Anonymous said...

I think it's trying to spell something. I'd leave it there until the message is complete. OK, bad idea......now, tell us what it is!

Pat Fitzgerald said...

And the answer is: cutaneous larva migrans. That's Doctor Latin for "worm crawling in the skin."

Saturday 10 October 2020

 Doomscrolling over my first cup of coffee. Portland, Oregon Our President says that Portland has been ablaze with anarchy for decades. Let’...